Monday, January 17, 2011

"The Dust," "The Worry" (Eliot Cardinaux)

  The Dust

The dust stirs
as it stirs,
simple and quiet,
all around me.

The voice
of the speaker,
many miles
away,

I feel that emptiness
surround me,
like a nothingness
I just can’t

ignore, but I don’t want to ask,
are you feeling that way too?
And I like this fear,
this moment held above the earth,

hovering like a note on a violin
before all hell breaks loose.




                        January 13th, ’11





  The Worry

In this room, like pictures
in a foggy way
it gets too dark to stay
and all the travelers part and ask

which way? 
Did you follow
them so crooked-
ly I ask and watch

the seasons wither voluntarily
the skin of a picture, not a picture
no, but a way that always seems
to go, vulnerable

ability, and ask,
these parting ways
it seems are more than laughing
where the meaning strays?




                        January 16th, ’11

No comments:

Post a Comment