Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mouth

Mouth

Fucker's not responding
sitting here, by the table
a friend rolls by
"Yo, it was like he was all up in the corner, with his dolls and shit. And he was all by himself."
"Just staring out there, and playing with them eh?"
"Yeah, man. He was like playing with his dolls and there was blood everywhere."
I thought the secret was going to be spilled tonight
like his mind on that day
I pictured Hollywood in the distance
the twinkling lights
the boulevard of dreams
I lit up a smoke
I lit up...

I wandered around the house as the night marched on
the din on the stereo
the magic weather this time of year
"See that's my little daughter on the phone,"
I seeped into his dark eyes
Tropical name against old colonial buildings
back then the floor boards were slipperier
the tunnels deeper
the echoes more silent

That's when my lighter gives out
it flickers with no flame
I uncross my legs and go for the toaster in the kitchen
turn it on
and press the tip of the butt against one of the heated wires
in a couple of seconds the tip gets burned
and I inhale furiously to get it lit
blowing smoke into
someone's 2nd story Brooklyn kitchen

A sketch of a middle aged man
I fulfilled your desires with dreams
I came and I went
I laughed a little bit, you know, make it all good and like that
Yet it's sort of serious
No joke at all
Not even kidding
But the weird thing is
That he suddenly stops, turns to me, and goes
“But I have been listening”

-Mark Ge 

No comments:

Post a Comment