Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love Poem (Sean Ali)

Love Poem
If my love were hot asphalt,
            I’d tar and feather you.
If my kisses were little holes,
            I’d polka dot you,
                        All over.
If my embrace was a corset,
            I’d pull the strings
                        Tight around your waist.
If my tongue were a paintbrush,
            I’d make a mural of your body.
If my words were truly honey,
I’d have a beehive for a mouth.
If my fingertips were little seafarers,
            I’d circumnavigate your globe,
                        North to south.          
If my love was sticks and mud,
            I’d build a dam against the flow of time.
If my love were a thief in the night,
            I’d be the perpetrator of a crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment